World Gym Marconi Kids World Opening Hours
Monday to Friday Mornings: 8.30 am – 11.30
Monday to Wednesday Evenings: 4.30 pm – 7.30 pm
Saturday Morning: 8.00 am – 11.00 am
Welcome to World Gym Marconi Kids World
Kids World is offered to assist in making your workout as productive and convenient as possible for both you and your children. Our room offers a varied and stimulated program for all children from 6 weeks, up to 14 years of age.
Our professional staff members are more than happy to assist with any queries and suggestions you may have.
However, there are certain guidelines that should be brought to your attention. We request that you take the time to read these and follow them to ensure we are able to provide you and your children with the best service possible. If you have any further queries or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact our team.
Enrolments and bookings
All the children using our Kids World must have an up to date and completed enrolment form at the time of their first visit.
Bookings are essential and MUST be made. Bookings can be made up to one week in advance.
- All bookings can be made through our reception team, in person or via telephone – 97535836
- Bookings are ESSENTIAL - no booking - no use
- REMAINING ON PREMISES: Parents must remain on the premises and be contactable whilst their children are in Kids World Marconi
- STRICT CANCELLATION POLICY APPLIES: Cancellations must be made at least 1 hour prior to your booked session commencing, via online booking system only or in person. Parents who fail to cancel in accordance with this policy will be issued a notice via text message. After third infraction you will incur 1 week suspension from using Kids World Marconi
The maximum time allowable is 1.5 hours only during the time when you are at the club working out. As soon as you have completed your workout, you must collect your children.
Children should not be left in Kids World for any other reason than the parent/guardian training in the club. Children are not permitted at any time in any other area of the club other than the Kids World.
In the event of an illness
If your children are not in good health, they will not be admitted into Kids World. We have strict rules applying to this as staff and children are in a confined space.
If your child has any of the following you must not bring them into contact with the facility. Please keep your baby/child at home if he/she is suffering from:
- A heavy cold
- Diarrhoea in the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting in the previous 24 hours
- Any infectious disease
- High temperature
- Major injuries in the previous 24 hours (such as broken bones, stitches etc)
In the case of infectious illness such as chicken pox, measles, mumps etc, or for conditions such as head lice, impetigo (school sores) and such, children will not be permitted entry to Kids World until such time as the condition is completely cleared and the risk of infection to others is cleared. Should your child contract such an illness or condition, please notify staff so that we may alert other crèche users.
World Gym Marconi reserves the right to refuse entry to any children.
Please note: If your school age child is too sick to attend school, they are too sick to attend Kids world.
No medication will be administered in our Kids World. If a child requires medication for an ongoing condition such as asthma, allergies etc……., please ensure that you manage this personally.
Delivery and collection of children
Parents/Guardians must sign each child in individually each time they use the service.
On arrival you must sign each child in on the Sign In Register and state your location whilst exercising. This is essential information in the event you are required to care for your child or for an emergency evacuation. The parent/guardian must sign out their child before leaving.
Every parent must remain on the premises and be contactable at all times, please remember parents/guardians are responsible for the care of the child, such as, if called to Kids World you must return immediately (failure to do so may result in suspension of service).
No parent is to leave World Gym Marconi premises at any time whilst any of their children are in the Kids World.
Due to the increasing prevalence of allergies, please be aware that Kids world is strictly a Nut Free Zone. Please ensure that you thoroughly check ingredients of all pre-packaged food. We encourage healthy eating and recommend fruit, vegetables, sandwiches and healthy snacks.
Muesli bars are not allowed.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ANAPHYLACTIC, PLEASE BRING YOUR EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN FOR OUR RECORDS
Behaviour Management/Positive Guidance
Our staff members are not the child’s parents. Our aim with discipline is to maintain control of the group. Our staff will ensure that they convey the limits of our Kids World to your children in a positive manner. We will always try and diffuse a situation.
All staff speak in a positive manner to the children. We encourage children through positive role modelling and clear guidelines should a child need any behavioural management. Please note: if a child becomes disruptive or difficult, the parent/guardian will be collected and asked to calm their child.
Emergency care – Procedure
- One staff member immediately attends to the child to console and comfort and if a. necessary administers first aid.
- Another staff member will be elected to collect the parent/guardian and/or medical a. assistance and will bring that person back to the Kids World.
- The crèche supervisor must ensure that the incident/injury report is completed.
- N.B. If any of the Kids World staff notice a cut or bruise on a child when signing in, it will be brought to the attention of the parent/guardian. This ensures that it has been identified and no responsibility will be placed on the staff. If a child starts regularly rubbing an eye or other area or seems slightly upset or uncomfortable, the parent guardian will be collected.
Parents/guardians who have concerns or feedback regarding our Kids World should approach the Club Manager. Minor concerns will be dealt with immediately. Complaints that are of greater concern need to be addressed with the Club Manager. If necessary, the Club Manager and parent concerned may meet to discuss the situation.
What to bring
- Food for children is permitted; REMEMBER Kids World is a Nut Free Zone and we encourage healthy eating. Recommended lunch box content is fruit, vegetables, sandwiches and healthy snacks. Drink Bottles – water only.
- Please make sure that all lunch boxes and drink bottles are labelled clearly with child/rens name.
- Please advise us if your child has any food allergies.
- Make sure all bags and belongings are clearly marked with your child’s full name
- If your child requires a nappy change, staff (with your permission) will be able to do this as we have nappy change facilities available in Kids World, so you will need nappies, wipes, a change of clothes.
- Please use pull-ups when toilet training.
Qualifications of Kids World Staff
Please be assured that all Kids World staff members must have a current ‘Working With Children Check’ and police clearance and fully qualified for child related employment. They also have current First Aid and CPR certification.
We hope that you have a great workout while we provide first class care for your child 😊