Welcome to World Gym Mandurah Kids World
KidsWorld is offered to assist in making your workout as productive and convenient as possible for both you and your children. Our room offers a varied and stimulated program
for all children from 6 weeks, up to 12 years of age. Our professional staff members are more than happy to assist with any queries and suggestions you may have. However, there are certain guidelines that should be brought to your attention. We request that you take the time to read these and follow them to ensure we are able to provide you and your children with the best service possible. If you have any further queries or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact our KidsWorld Supervisor
Enrolments and bookings
All the children using our KidsWorld must have an up to date and completed enrolment
form at the time of their first visit. Bookings are essential and must be made. Bookings can be made up to one week in advance.
All bookings can be made through our crèche online booking system:
- BOOKINGS: Bookings can only be made via our online booking system. Login details for every user needs to be created at first login.
- Please note, until activation is actioned by our staff for club members, no bookings can be made – the system does not allow it.
- Limit of one booking per day under weekly membership payment options – unlimited number of days during the week. Second booking can be made for the same day as a casual booking ($4 casual visit fee payable).
- Casual crèche pass can be purchased individually ($4 per session) – online payment at time of booking or cash payment at reception if it’s a one off visit.
- Pre-paid credit of 10 visits for $40 ($4 per casual visit) also available via the online booking system.
- Limit of 4 active bookings (including wait-list) at any one time. Once a booking has been used or cancelled, then another booking can be immediately added. Can be made 1 week in advance.
- Bookings ESSENTIAL - no booking - no use
- REMAINING ON PREMISES: Parents must remain on the premises and be contactable whilst their children are in Kids World Bunbury.
- STRICT CANCELLATION POLICY APPLIES: Cancellations must be made at least 1 hour prior to your booked session commencing, via online booking system only. Parents who fail to cancel in accordance with this policy will be issued a notice via text message. After third infraction you will incur 1 week suspension from using Kids World Bunbury.
- $4 casual visit per child per session
- $40 per 10 entries (1.5 hour maximum session) pre-paid credit options also available via online booking system.
The maximum time allowable is 1.5 hours only during the time when you are at the club working out. As soon as you have completed your workout, you must collect your children. Children should not be left in KidsWorld for any other reason than the parent/guardian training in the club. Children are not permitted at any time in any other area of the club other than the KidsWorld, unless of course doing Active Kids Classes.
In the event of an illness
If your children are not in good health, they will not be admitted into KidsWorld. We have strict rules applying to this as staff and children are in a confined space.
If your child has any of the following you must not bring them into contact with the facility. Please keep your baby/child at home if he/she is suffering from:
- a heavy cold
- Diarrhoea in the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting in the previous 24 hours
- any infectious disease
- High temperature
- Major injuries in the previous 24 hours (such as broken bones, stitches etc)
In the case of infectious illness such as chicken pox, measles, mumps etc, or for conditions such as head lice, impetigo (school sores) and such, children will not be permitted entry to KidsWorld until such time as the condition is completely cleared and the risk of infection
to others is cleared. Should your child contract such an illness or condition, please notify staff so that we may alert other crèche users.
World Gym Bunbury reserves the right to refuse entry to any children.
Please note: if your school age child is too sick to attend school, they are too sick to come into Kidsworld
No medication will be administered in our KidsWorld. If a child requires medication for an ongoing condition such as asthma, allergies etc……., please ensure that you manage this personally.
Delivery and collection of children
Parents/Guardians must sign each child in individually each time they use the service.
On arrival you must sign each child in on the Sign In Register and state your location whilst exercising. This is essential information in the event you are required to care for your
child or for an emergency evacuation. The parent/guardian must sign out their child before leaving.
Every parent must remain on the premises and be contactable at all times, please remember parents/guardians are responsible for the care of the child, such as, if called to KidsWorld you must return immediately (failure to do so may result in suspension of service).
No parent is to leave World Gym Bunbury premises at any time whilst any of their children are in the KidsWorld.
Due to the increasing prevalence of allergies, please be aware that Kidsworld is strictly a
Nut Free Zone. Please ensure that you thoroughly check ingredients of all pre-packaged
food. We encourage healthy eating and recommend fruit, vegetables, sandwiches and healthy snacks.
Muesli bars are not allowed.
IF YOUR CHILD IS ANAPHYLACTIC, PLEASE BRING YOUR EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN FOR OUR RECORDS
Behaviour Management/Positive Guidance
Our staff members are not the child’s parents. Our aim with discipline is to maintain control of the group. Our staff will ensure that they convey the limits of our KidsWorld to your children in a positive manner. We will always try and diffuse a situation.
All staff speak in a positive manner to the children. We encourage children through positive role modelling and clear guidelines should a child need any behavioural management. Please note: if a child becomes disruptive or difficult, the parent/guardian will be collected and asked to calm their child.
Emergency care – Procedure
- One staff member immediately attends to the child to console and comfort and if a. necessary administers first aid.
- Another staff member will be elected to collect the parent/guardian and/or medical a. assistance and will bring that person back to the KidsWorld.
- The crèche supervisor must ensure that the incident/injury report is completed.
- N.B. If any of the KidsWorld staff notice a cut or bruise on a child when signing in, it will be brought to the attention of the parent/guardian. This ensures that it has been identified and no responsibility will be placed on the staff. If a child starts regularly rubbing an eye or other area or seems slightly upset or uncomfortable, the parent guardian will be collected.
Parents/guardians who have concerns or feedback regarding our KidsWorld should approach the KidsWorld Supervisor or Club Manager. Minor concerns will be dealt with immediately. Complaints that are of greater concern need to be addressed with the Club Manager. If necessary, the Club Manager, KidsWorld Supervisor and parent concerned may meet to discuss the situation.
What to bring
- Food for children is permitted; REMEMBER KidsWorld is a Nut Free Zone and we encourage healthy eating. Recommended lunch box content is fruit, vegetables, sandwiches and healthy snacks. Drink Bottles – water only.
- Please make sure that all lunch boxes and drink bottles are labelled clearly with child/rens name.
- Please advise us if your child has any food allergies.
- Make sure all bags and belongings are clearly marked with your child’s full name
- If your child requires a nappy change, staff (with your permission) will be able to do this as we have nappy change facilities available in Kids World, so you will need nappies, wipes, a change of clothes.
- Please use pull-ups when toilet training.
Recommended staff ratios in Kids World
1:4 children 6 weeks to 2 years
1:12 children 2-12 years
Maximum capacity is 8 (ages 6 weeks to 2 years) and 12 (2yrs to 12yrs)
Please note these ratios and maximum capacity numbers may vary in periods of high usage, such as school holidays and timeslot overlaps.
Qualifications of KidsWorld Staff
Please be assured that all KidsWorld staff members must have a current ‘Working With Children Check’ and police clearance and fully qualified for child related employment. They also have current First Aid and CPR certification.
We hope that you have a great workout while we provide first class care for your child 😊